Monday, December 15, 2008

Teaching Journalism Ethics

Starting in May 2009, I'll be teaching a class in journalism ethics at New York University as part of the Science Health and Environment Reporting program. I've already selected several case studies--particularly with respect to conflict of interest in medical reporting. And I have lined up a media lawyer to come talk to the class about libel and other legal issues.

Now I need a few good cases that highlight the use of freedom of information legislation in science, health or environment reporting. I'm building a list of FOIA resources and cases on my delicious links.

If you have any to suggest, please either use the comment form below or use the "for:cgorman1271" tag on delicious. I am especially looking for first-hand accounts of what it is like to file a FOIA request on science, health and environment topics.

No comments: